Partnerships with Housing Sites
Housing entities want what’s best for their residents, but when those residents are seniors and people with disabilities, it can be complicated to understand and coordinate all of their needs. On-site service coordinators can help to connect residents of housing programs with services available in the community, and also help to promote community‐building and networking among building residents, staff, and other service providers.
Springwell offers CareConnections to public and private housing sites in Belmont, Brookline, Needham, Newton, Waltham, Watertown, Wellesley or Weston that want to provide residents with easy access to long term care services and supports. Springwell provides a dedicated Care Coordinator, and can offer the following services to all residents of the site: needs assessments, 24-hour on-site staff available for urgent responses, social activities, coordination of in-home services from government subsidized programs or from private agencies, and a reduce rate for in-home services.
Springwell's CareConnections program brings support to people right where they live, in surroundings that are familiar. Through CareConnections, residents of senior housing have preferred access to a variety of social, in home and health care services at reduced rates. The program, in existence since 1985, is designed in the style of a Naturally Occurring Retirement Community (NORC), in which housing entities unite with health and social service providers to promote and support healthy and integrated aging-in-place. Springwell is experienced working with a variety of different funding models for the program, including congregate housing contracts; supportive housing contracts; and privately funded programs.
- Program eligibility can be designed in coordination with the housing entity.
Springwell's CareConnections program brings support to people right where they live, in surroundings they are familiar with. Through CareConnections, residents of senior housing have preferred access to a variety of social, in home and health care services at reduced rates.read more
CareConnections offers housing authorities and private management companies a menu of comprehensive supportive services that helps assure the safety and independence of the residents, including:
- A dedicated Care Coordinator on-site, who works closely with residents and family to assess needs and eligibility for subsidized programs, helps residents put together a personalized care plan, and who coordinates and monitors service delivery;
- Regular Care Coordinator office hours to meet with residents or their family members;
- Coordinated personal care & homemaking services from a single, highly qualified service provider;
- Personal Care / Homemaking services available in 15-minute increments;
- An on-site Personal Care worker to respond to urgent needs during evenings, overnight, weekends, and holidays;
- On-site meal program;
- Social activities that reduce isolation, develop community, and monitor frailer residents in an informal setting;
- Weekly on-site nurse monitoring of blood pressure and pre-filling of medication.
CareConnections is currently serving:
Brookline Housing Authority
- O'Shea House
- Sussman House
- Kickham, Morse & Colonel Floyd Apartments
Jewish Community Housing for the Elderly
- Coleman House, Newton CASCAP
Marshall Place, Watertown
- Needham Housing Authority
- Linden and Chambers
Newton Housing Authority
- Nonantum Congregate
Newton Community Development
- Casselman House
- John W. Weeks House
Waltham Housing Authority
- Waltham Congregate
Watertown Housing Authority
- Woodland Towers
Springwell’s Care Connections and supportive housing program with the Brookline Housing Authority is the model of a successful collaboration